Getting It Right

Redefining purpose.

Just recently, after camping at the NYSC orientation camp at Adamawa. I redeployed back to Oyo state and I was posted to a govt. Secondary School at the capital. I was disappointed on getting to the school because the structure was an eyesore. I was planning on getting rejected and get a letter of request to work in a private organisation instead, but somehow I just find myself not been able to summon courage to ask for a rejection based on the fact that an accommodation would not be provided although is wasn't far from my house, I just needed an alibi.

Now, skip to when school resumed back after the session break, I resumed to the school, not still feeling good about it, my first day was a interesting one, I met people especially a teacher who made me feel accepted and not odd. After the assembly, it was time for the student to engage themselves in manual labour(that is, weeding) and I just found my self smiling and excited within, I was reminiscing on my days as a Secondary school student in a public school, the weeding activities, cane that I dreaded and many more and I began to see that all is just but for a reason and a season. Here I am today as a graduate and a Corps member, serving in a govt. Secondary school where I was a student 8 years ago and I can't but say thank you God, for it can only be Him.

Now, that school has resumed, I found out that my disappointment as to my posting has been switched with compassion and passion to see that these young ones get it right. Back then, I just wanted to do the exam, get out from secondary and be free from the morning bell, classes, capital punishment, weeding and several other activities that I detest, but here I am today and I found out all were actually for my building.

Now, I am serving in a public school and I am to discover after been disappointed in my self, that it's more than serving a year for the certificate and the allowance. I have been posted by providence to impact life and correct destinies by the help of the Holy Ghost. I have found out that more than the charitable deeds of donating sandals, books, textbook and other schooling materials; as these are good deeds, the students need someone or something to motivate, inspire, build faith, hope and confidence in them.

It takes a child who has faith, confidence and hope of a brighter future to forsake been driven by peer pressure. It takes a child with all these aforementioned to say no to malpractices and sit down to read the textbook given to him/ her. To what end will the textbooks, free uniforms, Sandals and other school materials be if the students play truant, does not believe he/ she can pass an examination without cheating or be helped.

More than the charitable deeds, I believe Faith, confidence, hope should be built in them. And this I stand for and for this course shall my service be.

@Theavens 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knowing / Understanding Who You Are

Finishing Strong

EXCELLENCE